Sunday, January 23, 2011

99 Brattle: A Blog for EDS


Last December, I discussed with Charlene Smith, the new Director of Communications and Marketing of the Episcopal Divinity School, and my colleague Patrick S. Cheng about starting a communal blog for the EDS community. The blog called 99 Brattle was started on Jan. 1, 2011. Please follow us at http://99Brattle.blogspot.com/. I wrote about why we started the blog here.

Chinese President Hu Jintao was in the USA for a state visit from Jan. 18-21. I wrote an essay about the religious revival in China in Religion Dispatches. I visited universities and seminaries in China in the fall of 2009 and discussed issues such as methodologies for the study of religion, homosexuality, and popular religion with my Chinese colleagues.

You are most welcome to follow my blog and leave your comments.