Monday, February 14, 2011

Why Send Roses

Today is Valentine's Day and many will send roses to their loved ones. But that is so lack of imagination. Why? A vase of usually the same color of roses looks so monotonous to me. Plus, it is so expensive.

A colleague of mine sent a Powerpoint of Japanese ikebana. Ikekana is the art of flower arrangement, which dated back to the sixth century, when Buddhism was brought to Japan. The Buddhists offer flowers on the altar in honor of the Buddha.

Ikebana embodies the spirit of East Asian aesthetics and beauty. It evokes the balance of the strong and the weak, permanence and impermanence, full and empty.


Ikebana uses not only the flowers, but also the stems and leaves, and draws emphasis toward shape, style, and form. The structure of the flower arrangement often symbolizes heaven, earth, and human beings.

Traditionally, ikebana is placed in an alcove or a corner of the room, usually with a scroll. The flowers are changed according to the seasons. Imagine drinking tea in such a room with your loved ones.











So next year's Valentine's Day, you can
be more creative.

5 comments:

  1. Impressive! I once read somewhere that Ikebana is not the arrangement of objects but the arrangement of space!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful idea--arrangement of space. Many thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello everyone,

    My name is Courtney Bieneman and am talking as the happiest person in the whole wide world today and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will tell the name to the whole wild world and i am so happy to say that my family is back for good because i was in need of $186,000.00 USD loan to start my life all over as i am a single mum with 2 kids and the whole world seemed like it was hanging on me until i met this GOD sent loan lender that changed my life and that of my family, a GOD fearing lender, Mr Mason Diego, he was the Savior GOD sent to rescue my family and at first i thought it was not going to be possible until i received my loan of $186,000.00 USD from him; so am advising anyone of you genuinely in need of loan to contact Mr. Mason Diego via email: ( diegoloancompany@yahoo.com ) or reach him through the company website: http://diegoloancompany.wix.com/loans for a quick and secure loan

    ReplyDelete
  4. How I Was Rescued By A God Fearing And Trusted Lender {Lexieloancompany@yahoo.com}..

    Hello, I am Andrew Thompson currently living in CT USA, God has bless me with two kids and a lovely Wife, I promise to share this Testimony because of God favor in my life, 2days ago I was in desperate need of money so I thought of having a loan then I ran into wrong hands who claimed to be loan lender not knowing he was a scam. he collected 1,500.00 USD from me and refuse to email me since then I was confuse, but God came to my rescue, one faithful day I went to church after the service I share idea with a friend and she introduce me to LEXIE LOAN COMPANY, she said she was given 98,000.00 USD by MR LEXIE , THE MANAGING DIRECTOR OF LEXIE LOAN COMPANY. So I collected his email Address , he told me the rules and regulation and I followed, then after processing of the Documents, he gave me my loan of 55,000.00 USD... So if you are interested in a loan you can as well contact him on this Email: Lexieloancompany@yahoo.com or text +1(816) 892-6958 thanks, I am sure he will also help you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everyone appreciates flowers so sending blooms on special occasions can be a great alternate to other kinds of gifts. Mother’s day is coming soon so if you also want to Send Mothers Day Flowers then I would highly recommend BloomThat services as they have great deals.

    ReplyDelete